With this initial update, there are just 3 things you need to know.
- If the patient has not updated to the latest version, calls will not work. They just need to update the Now Serving app and verify their account. We reworked the calls to optimize if for better performance, especially on weaker internet connections, so calls thru the old Now Serving app will not work anymore.
- Your patients are now required to create an account linked to their mobile number. This adds an extra layer of security.
- If the app asks them to verify patient profiles, they just need to verify. It's a simple OTP process and will be done in a minute. This locks the patient profile to this mobile number.
Here's what it looks like now.
👉🏼 What to Expect:
1. Once the patient updates their Now Serving app, the app will ask for a quick sign up process. Just enter the mobile number being used.
2. It will ask for an OTP. Just enter the pin that is sent via SMS and tap SUBMIT.
For most patients, that's already it but if the patient previously had the Now Serving app installed, then the app might ask them to verify the patient profile.
Verification is needed to link the mobile number to the patient profiles, so if ever they accidentally delete the app in the future, they can just download Now Serving again, login and see their data there.
If your patient sees a yellow "Verify Profiles" box, they just need to tap it
Tap the patient's name and on this screen, tap VERIFY
The app will ask for an OTP. Just enter the new OTP code and that's it. Your calls will now go through.
That's it! 😊
Why is this needed again?
- Having an account adds another layer of security
- This verifies that the number is correct so patients that mistakenly enter the wrong number will not be able to proceed, hence removing the issue of calls not being received
- Having an account created opens up other features for us to build that previously were not possible
The Now Serving App Works with:
- iOS 11 and above
- Android 4.4 Kitkat and above
- Via computer browser if you share a Call Link to your patient (note that the Share Call Link will reset if you end the call. You'll need to send the call link again if you start a new call. )