What printer works with SeriousMD Doctors?
- For iOS Devices: We use Apple's Airprint technology Look for “Airprint” capable printers.
If it has Airprint, then it will work with your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad devices.
Printers brands have differing models and availability. Ask the support team if you have a model in mind. Here's a list of printers from Apple.
- For Wired Printing: Printers directly connected via cable
If you are printing using the computer, then a wired connection to any printer will work fine.
- For "Wi-Fi" Printers With No Airprint
If you have a wireless-printing printer lying around where you can print using their app but is not AirPrint capable, then it's possible to export the note from SeriousMD and print it through their app (HP Smart, Epson, Brother, Canon App, etc) - it's just an extra step of exporting and another extra step to switch apps.
Can the SeriousMD app Print Prescriptions?
Yes. SeriousMD can definitely print prescriptions for you and more. It even has a drug database built-in.
There's a print button in the prescription note. Once you're done filling in the prescription, all you need to do is press the print button.
What Else Can I Print Inside the SeriousMD app?
- Lab Requests
- Labs Results
- Medical Certificates
- Images taken using the camera
- Even the whole patient profile
If you see a printer icon (button) then it can be printed.
Can my Secretary Print my Prescriptions?
If your secretary is using your account: she can directly print anything you need.
If your secretary is using her own account: Your secretary access by default limits the doctor's notes to keep it private but you can enable permissions for it in the Settings.
- Go to Settings on the web app
- Go to Role Management
- Click on the Edit button at the top right (see image below)
- Scroll down and check "Doctor's Notes"
- Click on the Save icon (the disk icon) at the top right
- Your secretary just needs to refresh the browser and doctor's notes will then be enabled.
What Paper Sizes Can I Print On?
You can print on any paper size as long as your printer can support the paper size.
- Letter (8.5” x 11”) - Regular short bond paper
- Half Letter (5.5” x 8.5”) - Half short bond paper
- A4 (210 x 297mm)
- A5 (148 x 210mm)
Some printers can detect paper sizes on it's own so give it a test and let the support team know if you need any help.