How to Add and Save a Service or Item inside Billing
- Service = services you offer.
- Items = products you sell (you can keep track of quantity as well)
It's really easy to add new services or items inside the Catalog. This way you can just set this up once and keep reusing it for all your patients.
How to Create a Package
Packages are combinations of Services and Items you sell.
How to Track and Setup HMO's
- Step 1: Go edit your clinic information and check the HMO's that you accept. Those will now appear automatically in the Billing module.
- Step 2: Go to Billing, and click on the Catalog tab (this is where you pre-save everything that you offer to patients)
- Step 3: Edit or Add a new service or item or package
- Step 4: Add a name, price and tap on the Blue text button for HMO rates
- Step 5: You will now see a list of HMO's that you added from your clinic information. Check those that apply for the service you are adding to
- Step 6: Tap on "Rates"
- Step 7: Add your claim amount (the amount the HMO will pay you for that service) and leave Rate blank unless you accept a co-pay option.
- Step 8: Save
- Step 9: Go to the Register tab
- Step 10: You will see a "Default Catalog" text button. Click on that and you will be shown a list of HMO's. Pick one.
You will notice that the catalog will change based on what you've added for that specific HMO. That service is now tagged under that HMO.
- Step 11: Try adding a service under that HMO to a patient and settle the bill
- Step 12: Go to the Reports tab and generate an "HMO" report type (hit the generated button.) You'll see the service/HMO/claim amount total on that report.
How to Bill Patients (Full Process for Staff)
How to Bill Patients (Doctor Saves the Bill, Staff Accepts The Payment)
When the doctor is the one that "Saves the Bill" - your staff just needs to look in the history tab to see how much the fee will be.
Collect the payment from the patient and hit the "Settle" button.
How to Print Out HMO and Different Reports
With the Billing module, you have the ability to keep track of your financials and create reports. With a few clicks, you'll be able to generate the day's report, the month's or a duration that you prefer.
How to Export a Spreadsheet Report for Your Accountant:
You can give your accountant an account and access only to Billing or you can do this and send him/her the file.
- Go to Billing
- Click the Reports tab
- Click on "Invoice Breakdown"
- Select a Report Period (there's a custom date range picker)
- Click "Generate Report"
- Click on the Export button besides the print button
That will export in Excel format.
Update: New Feature Inside the Billing Module
- Under the "Catalog" tab, add all your items
- Just click the Add New Item button and you will see a popup like this
- Make sure to turn on Track Inventory (Green means it's on)
- Reorder = This is the amount that will trigger a notification inside SeriousMD Messenger to let you know if the stock is getting low.
- Go to the "Inventory" Tab
- It's time to add your initial inventory on hand in the clinic
- Click the + button
- Pick the clinic where the inventory is being added
- The Reference Number = you can put anything for the mean time. The purpose of this is to track the PO or other numbers you might need when a delivery is done.
- Make sure the Type is "IN" as you are adding stock. Pick "OUT" if you want to pull out inventory.
- Click the items (can be more than 1) that you want to add inventory for
- Enter the Quantity for the item/s
- Click the OK button to preview, then click "Add" once you confirm that it's all correct.
- You will now see a preview of your inventory with the quantity that you just added
- The next time you bill a patient for items, it will automatically deduct from the current inventory.
- Starting amount for UP PGH clinic is 100
- Bill the patient for 5 bottles
- Make sure the clinic is selected when billing
- In this example below, it's now 95 after billing 5 bottles to the patient.
What is the "Do not show on register catalog checkbox" for?
You can create packages inside the Catalog tab. There are items that you include in packages but not necessarily sell individually so you won't want that item to show in your Register.